Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Best Scrapbooking Find... Ever

I am on several local scrapbooking store emailing lists and a few weeks ago, I received one from a store in Stratford. It seemed that they were have a secret sale (advertised through email only) the week of July 1 where all stock was 40% off. That was huge news. My FSIL and I decided to go but the only day available was the very last day. Better late than never!

We arrive there shortly after the store opened and I couldn't believe how empty the store was. Then it dawned on me. I bet they were closing. We asked the owner and sure enough, she was closing the store. Too bad, she had a huge selection. She said that she didn't want to advertise that fact in the email. She looked so sad and exhausted. It must have been a hard decision for her.

I went there on a mission... to find some sort of simple paper storage system. Right now they are laying flat, in bags on a shelf. It makes it difficult to really see what papers you do have a first glace. I have to root around and find the one I want. On Two Peas in a Bucket many people have jerry-ringed something together, like metal storage cubes where instead of putting them together as cubes, they crudly put them together as shelves. Not what they were meant for and it is not an easy task to do. But the end result is ok, but not the perfect system.

As I was checking out, I asked off-handed if they have any paper storage left, as I didn't see any in the store. She then tells me that all of their paper racks are for sale! You know the ones... about 5 feet tall, made of metal that is covered in a strong white rubber and the shelves hold 12x12 paper perfectly and a downward angel? I couldn't believe my ears! It is the perfect storage system! And they sold for $50! A steal! They normally sell for over $400! I have seen them for sale in online scrapbooking stores but they are super expensive. And the shipping alone! Wow! The rack isn't set up yet as we still have to organize that end of the basement. We moved here in October and we still have boxes to unpack and organize. But I did manage to clear a corner and set up an old table with some shelves beside it. It is so nice to have one area where I can dedicate to scrapbooking and where I can leave everything out if I want to as it is away from everything.

It is just like the one pictured here:


How about you? Find any good finds recently? Or been to any amazing sales, workshops or crops?

4 Comments:

Blogger RedWolf said...

Wow! That is an awesome find! What luck!
For those who like to shop online, I found that Joann Fabrics has an amazing selection. The have 11551 items listed!!! I don't shop there often, but when it's a great place to look when you're trying to find a certain theme for your stickers, embellishments or paper. I love Jolee's, and they have the entire line of them.
The address is www.joann.com

Friday, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love that store. Unfortunately there are none here in Canada but there is one 1 hour away from me in Port Huron, MI. It is a good excuse to cross the border. That and Target!

Saturday, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, you were so lucky.

Stratford is where I live and I missed that sale. I had no idea they were closing. Sad because I was one of there best customers.

Congrats on the awesome paper rack storage!

Monday, August 08, 2005  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That is too bad you missed it. The only reason I found out about it was from their email that mentioned their sale. No mention about the store closing in the email though. And I agree, I was a really good store. :(

Monday, August 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home