Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Looking Back

I have photographed all the layouts that I have finished and as I look back on them, I realize how much my scrapbooked has changed. My older layouts have more colour, are busier and are more complicated. Today I seem to be using a more simple approach. I love neutrals, metals and simple journaling. I am also much more confident now doing a 1 photo layout. When I first started I felt I had to add as many photos and journaling as I could to get the look that I thought was effective. How times have changed!
What about you? Has your scrapbooking changed as your confidence and knowledge grows? Or are you happy and satisfied in your abilities and see no need for change?


This is one of my very first layouts.

This is from an album I am currently working on.

9 Comments:

Blogger latinlace said...

hello again! I couldn't help but stop to see your site again and I saw the cutest layout you've done with such beauty, that dog of yours is a cutie! and the layout gave me an idea, now I need to make one of Lilo and I maybe I can post a picture later on!

thanks for stopping by my site and I'll be around.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks!
Doing layouts of Milly are fun to do. I have more and I will post them as well.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005  
Blogger latinlace said...

same thing happened to me, as I got more into scrapping my layouts seemed to be more different than the very first ones! now I do a lot of journaling and less photos! I do story telling and the pages don't seemed too crowed, I guess I'm becoming an expert LOL

Thursday, July 07, 2005  
Anonymous RedWolf said...

I've been scrapbooking for about two years, and now when I look back at my first pages, I am amazed at how simplistic they were. I've come a long way. Back then I would pick a colored piece of cardstock, post a few pictues on it, write a title, and stick a few stickers on. Pretty much every page looks basically the same. Now I've found some fun techniques to make pages unique and special - vellum, mullberry paper, shaped photos, and more. Now I'm teaching others how to scrapbook, and it's so much fun to watch them as they pick it up and take on their own style.

Thursday, July 07, 2005  
Anonymous RedWolf said...

PS - Your dog is a cutie! Is it a greyhound?

Thursday, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yes, Milly is a retired greyhound racer.
She sure loves her retirement!

Friday, July 08, 2005  
Blogger Belle said...

Such a cute baby..ooo..!!
I am a Canadian girl too :)
Love Scrapbooking as well and the photos are piling up as I 'speak' lol...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005  
Blogger RedWolf said...

My brother has a retired greyhound also, names Flashy. I'm sure she's enjoying her retirement as well. They treat her like a queen. She even has her own sofa that only Flashy can sit on! :-)

Friday, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Randi said...

i have a new neice too, i really want to make a scrapbook for her. i just have to sit down and work on it. never enough time though

Thursday, August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home